Junior / Senior Software Engineer
Want to work with the best in the industry? If you’ve got what it takes to run with the top quartile, we’re looking to expand our epic team with an amazing Software Engineer.
- Work on leading edge Defence projects
- Grow with our Business
- Excellent company culture that values collaboration and continuous improvement
About Consilium Technology:
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible modelling, simulation and machine intelligence solutions by working with private and public sector clients.
We’re currently looking for both Junior and Senior Software Engineer to work with our Defence client across several projects and disciplines, undertaking tasks such as but not limited to:
- Best practices software development in various modern languages
- Interacting with clients and collaborate with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs
- Analysing, designing and developing tests and test-automation suites
- Providing ongoing enhancements, maintenance and support in existing systems and platforms.
This role is located in Edinburgh, SA with some reasonable business travel required.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- At least two years full time equivalent professional experience in a similar role, the more professional years experience the better
- Australian citizen and must be eligible to hold a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of contemporary software engineering process, standards, principles and best practices
- Experience with an object oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, Java or C#)
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Subversion, Git)
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve
What will make you stand out from the rest:
- Knowledge of diverse software development principles (e.g. concurrency, design patterns, performance profiling and tuning)
- Knowledge of multiple software languages and environments
- Understanding and experience of engineering in large scale complex systems
- Exposure to engineering management systems and quality assurance
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a great culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
To find out more about Consilium Technology, please visit our website at https://consilium.technology.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. In submitting your application you also give our Security Team authority to use the information you supply to undertake a current Security Clearance Status Check. Any applications that don’t specify citizenship or residency status will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply online and submit a cover letter and resume. Applications close Friday 20 March 2020. Please note, applications may close earlier if the right applicant is found.
Applications for the role of Junior / Senior Software Engineer are officially closed.