Data Scientist (Defence)
Are you passionate about Data Science and Machine Learning? Do you have strong software skills, why not work with the best in the industry? We’re looking to expand our epic team with an experienced Data Scientist. Join our superstar team and awesome culture!
About Consilium Technology:
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible modelling, simulation, and machine intelligence solutions by working with private and public sector clients.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Data Scientist to undertake the following duties:
- Conduct applied research into machine learning methods for Defence systems and simulations.
- Analyse and visualise data to generate insights into the systems and simulations.
- Formulate research problems and select machine learning approaches to automate and improve decision making.
- Select features, create data sets for training, testing and validating machine learning models.
- Design, implement and train machine learning models.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and accuracy.
- Coordinate with different functional teams (researchers, software developers) to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Communicate results (written and verbal) with management, clients and defence force members.
This role is located in Edinburgh, SA with some reasonable business travel and work in the Adelaide CBD.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Must have Australian Citizenship and be willing to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance prior to commencement.
- Must hold a degree in science, mathematics, engineering, statistics or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, R, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques: Deep Neural Networks, Graphical Models, Reinforcement Learning, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in data science tools for manipulating and visualising data: Pandas, JupterLab, Matplotlib, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
What will make you stand out from the rest
- Previous experience within Defence.
- A post-graduate qualification in machine learning or related field would be highly valuable.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, you’ll receive an attractive salary. This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
Additionally, we offer a great culture, an amazing team, free company breakfasts and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. In submitting your application you also give our Security Team authority to use the information you supply to undertake a current Security Clearance Status Check. Any applications that don’t specify citizenship or residency status will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply via Seek and submit a cover letter and resume. Applications close COB Tuesday, 30 July 2019.
(or) complete the form below to apply for the role of Data Scientist (Defence).