Graduate Aerospace Engineer – EOI
Are you a graduate looking to enter the industry? Join our team and apply your engineering and programming knowledge to cutting-edge aerospace research and modelling problems.
About Consilium Technology
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible engineering solutions by working with our public sector clients as well as private.
We’re currently looking for expressions of interest for a Graduate Aerospace Engineer.
As an Aerospace Engineer, you will be involved in aerospace system modelling and performance characterisation.
Tasks will include:
- Developing six degrees of freedom (6DoF) aerospace vehicle system models
- Modelling rocket propulsion systems
- Analysis of vehicle aerodynamics using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Integrating and testing aerodynamic models
- Designing guidance and control algorithms.
This role will be located in Edinburgh, however some reasonable business travel maybe required.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Have met the requirements to graduate or have graduated within the last 24 months, as at 1 Jan 2020
- Hold a degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, physics, or a related discipline
- Have an understanding of 6DoF vehicle modelling and simulation
- Have programming experience with MatLab, Simulink, C++ and/or Python
- Hold Australian Citizenship and be willing to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance prior to commencement
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the initiative, creativity and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve.
What will make you stand out from the rest
- Previous work/voluntary experience in a related field
- Experience with CFD modelling and/or auto-coding Simulink models.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an attractive salary, we offer an excellent culture, an amazing team, free company breakfasts, and ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development.
This is a great opportunity to grow your skills and collaborate with industry’s best talent.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet the security requirements for this position. In submitting your application you also give our Security Team authority to use the information you supply to undertake a current Security Clearance Status Check. Any applications that do not specify citizenship status will not be processed.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we encourage you do submit an expression of interest below which includes:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph response to each of the following:
- Tell us about a project you worked on that delivered ‘awesome’ and how?
- If you could do a research project, what topic would you pick and why?
- Academic transcript.
Recruiters, we got this!
Please complete the form below to apply for the role of Graduate Aerospace Engineer – EOI.