Graduate Software Engineer
Looking to kickstart your career in software engineering by running with the top quartile? If so, we want to hear from you!
About Consilium Technology
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
Your new role
We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible software engineering solutions by working with our public sector clients as well as private.
We’re currently looking for not just ‘any’ Graduate, but the ‘right’ Graduate to join our team.
As a Software Engineer you will be working within a team to translate customer requirements into elegant testable software, using a range of technologies.
As the successful candidate, you will be ready to commence your journey with us in early 2020. You will be based in Edinburgh with some reasonable business travel required.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have met the requirements to graduate or have graduated within the last 24 months, as at 1 Jan 2020;
- hold a degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline;
- have Australian Citizenship and be willing to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance prior to commencement;
- have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- have the initiative and desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve; and
- be familiar with an object oriented programming language.
What will make you stand out from the rest
- understanding of the entire software development life cycle;
- understanding of contemporary software engineering processes, standards and principles;
- some previous work/voluntary experience in a related field.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an attractive salary, we offer an excellent culture, an amazing team, free company breakfasts, and ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development.
This is a great opportunity to grow your skills and collaborate with industry’s best talent.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet the security requirements for this position. In submitting your application you also give our Security Team authority to use the information you supply to undertake a current Security Clearance Status Check. Any applications that do not specify citizenship status will not be processed.
If you want to join ‘Team Awesome’ please submit your application via Seek by COB Tuesday, 11 June 2019. Applications should include:
- cover letter, including a paragraph response to each of the following:
- Tell us how you deliver awesome on a day-to-day basis
- What does ‘solve the puzzle together’ mean to you?
- If you could learn a new skill, what would it be and why?
- resume; and
- academic transcript.
Recruiters, we got this!
Applications for the role of Graduate Software Engineer are officially closed.