We’re on the hunt for an experienced Software Engineer who is looking to pivot into a career focusing on AI and Machine Learning. You don’t have to have industry-based exposure to machine learning but you MUST have a willingness to learn.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you come join us !
About Consilium Technology:
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
As an MLOps Engineer at Consilium Technology, you will combine your skills in DevOps, data engineering and machine learning to deploy and maintain machine learning systems in production environments reliably and efficiently.
Working in a fast-paced, modern and progressive team environment, you will connect the gap from R&D to production, working closely with our Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Software Engineers to ensure the delivery of high quality and robust solutions for our clients across the entire breadth and lifecycle of deployment. This exciting opportunity will provide you with the ability to empower our clients with advanced, real-world artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions across a number of industry sectors.
This role may be suitable for an experienced software engineer, computer scientist or IT professional with minimal industry-based exposure to machine learning, but who is motivated to learn and looking to pivot into a career focusing on AI and Machine Learning.
Your responsibilities as an MLOps Engineer will include:
- Liaising with Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Software Engineers to develop and implement build, deployment and quality assurance procedures and systems.
- Designing, developing and maintaining machine learning pipelines that connect code and data to produce models and predictions.
- Continuously developing and maintaining our cloud-based infrastructure-as-code approaches for autonomous handling of data, security, machine learning continuous integration, deployments, auto-scaling and data backups.
- Continuously developing repeatable and robust CI/CD processes for automatic builds to development, validation (pre-production/testing) and production environments.
- Ensure all systems are operating in a secure, available, and performant manner.
- Manage AWS cloud environments in accordance with company information security guidelines (based on ISO27001).
- Implement and utilise processes and tools to successfully deploy and debug cloud initiatives with best practice MLOps techniques across the entire solution development lifecycle.
This is a full-time role, located in the Adelaide CBD with some reasonable business travel required.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
- Thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of contemporary software and data engineering process, standards, principles and best practices.
- Solid programming skills in at least one applicable backend language (e.g. Python).
- Capability to architect and develop scalable, robust and secure cloud-based solutions (e.g. within the AWS cloud stack).
- Ability to design and implement key aspects of an MLOps pipeline and lifecycle.
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git).
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve.
What will make you stand out from the rest:
- Knowledge of diverse software development principles, covering concurrency, design patterns and performance profiling and tuning.
- Knowledge of multiple software languages and environments.
- MLOps skills to design, develop and deploy machine learning workflows and standard frameworks.
- An understanding of key machine learning and data science concepts.
- Exposure to machine learning and data wrangling programming technologies (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, NumPy, etc.).
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a flexible family-friendly culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
How to apply
Eligible applicants should apply via the Seek button below and submit a cover letter and resume. If this position interests you, we strongly encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible.
For more information about Consilium Technology, please continue to explore or website.
Recruiters, we got this!
Applications for the role of MLOps Engineer are officially closed.