C++ Software Engineer – Unreal Engine, Rendering
We’re looking to expand our epic team with an experienced C++ Software Engineer with creative flair.
Develop real time, real world, multi spectral rendering solutions, for integration into modelling and simulation environments.
If this sounds like you, why not join our talented team!
- Strong C++ and object-oriented design skills A MUST!
- Understanding of the rendering pipeline, shaders & real-time rendering techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
About Consilium Technology
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances – with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible modelling, simulation, and machine intelligence solutions by working with private and public sector clients.
We’re currently looking for an experienced C++ Software Engineer.
You will be developing and maintaining a real time multi spectral rendering capability, using the Unreal Engine, with cutting-edge visuals and graphics, for use in building real world modelling & simulation environments.
You will be working with a team of highly skilled engineers following the Kanban agile software development framework.
As part of the development team you will organise and facilitate release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story grooming sessions, and any other Kanban-related meetings.
Depending on your level of experience you may also be required to train, manage and provide guidance to junior software development staff.
You will also be working with stakeholders and change agents, to get their buy-in for recommended updates and feature improvements.
This role is located in both the Adelaide CBD and at our client site in Edinburgh. Some reasonable business travel will also be required from time to time.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A tertiary degree in computer science or similar qualification.
- Australian Citizenship and willingness to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance prior to commencement.
- Strong C++ and object-oriented design skills.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra, vector math and matrices.
- Excellent skills in communication and collaboration.
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve.
What will make you stand out from the rest
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience in lighting, FX, post processing, shaders and shader programming.
- Experience with GPU and CPU optimisation techniques.
- Solid experience in industry standard graphics APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, etc.).
- Good understanding of rendering performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
What’s in it for you
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a great culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. In submitting your application you also give our Security Team authority to use the information you supply to undertake a current Security Clearance Status Check. Any applications that don’t specify citizenship or residency status will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply online and submit a cover letter and resume. Applications close COB Friday, 23 August 2019.
Applications for the role of C++ Software Engineer – Unreal Engine, Rendering are officially closed.