Work our customer’s site 3 days per week and have the choice to work from home or our CBD office 2 days per week. We encourage flexible working and are open to part-time arrangements. We value our people and are committed to providing an environment where culture is important and our teams thrive.
About the opportunity
As part of our continued growth, we are pleased to invite applications for the newly created position of Security Engineer.
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will work in a team to establish and maintain the networks and environment to support the research activities of our customer, the Defence Science and Technology Group.
In addition to working at our customer site at Edinburgh 3 days per week, you have the option to work from home or from our office in the Adelaide CBD for 2 days per week. We encourage flexible working and are open to part-time arrangements.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Establish, secure and maintain on-premises, deployable and cloud networks at multiple classifications, suitable for continuous experimentation and modification
- Assist in maintaining and improving the existing Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tooling
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Solid experience in a security focused or systems administrator role, ideally within the Defence industry
- Experience with Hyper-Scale cloud providers (Azure, AWS, etc)
- A professional certification (e.g. CCNA, RHCSA, CompTIA+),
- The ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve
While not essential, knowledge of and experience with, any of the following will be highly regarded:
- Administering cloud-native ICT systems
- Establishing, securing and maintaining experimental networks (on-premise & cloud-based)
- Enterprise Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, Oracle, etc)
- Automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef)
- Networking and security in critical environments
We are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allows our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either hold or be eligible to obtain and maintain clearance to NV2 level.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
What we offer you
- Competitive remuneration
- An environment where culture is important and valued
- One week of dedicated professional development time each year for all team members
- Monthly presentations in areas of technical speciality fostering a community of practice
To express interest in joining our team, please click the Apply button below to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about Consilium Technology, please visit our website at https://consilium.technology.
Applications for the role of Security Engineer are officially closed.