Senior Aerospace Engineer
Want to work with the best in the industry? Well we’re looking to expand our epic team with an amazing Aerospace Engineer.
- Work on leading edge Defence projects
- Modelling and simulation of high speed platforms in 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF).
- Join our superstar team and awesome culture
About Consilium Technology:
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible modelling, simulation, and machine intelligence solutions by working with private and public sector clients.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Aerospace Engineer to join a growing team investigating and analysing cutting edge Defence technologies. The successful team member will be integrated within DST Group Edinburgh and involved in a variety of tasks, including:
- Predicting aerodynamic coefficients using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) output data
- Integrating and testing aerodynamic models
- Modelling high-speed aerodynamics
- Designing guidance and control systems
- Modelling rocket propulsion systems
- Understanding kinematic systems to model in 6DoF within a curved rotating earth
- Autocoding in Simulink
This role is located in Edinburgh, SA with some reasonable business travel required.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Must have Australian Citizenship and hold or be willing to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance prior to commencement
- Must hold a degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, physics or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Aerospace Engineer
- Understanding of 6DoF vehicle modelling and simulation
- Development of modelling and simulation tools and capabilities
- Programming experience with MatLab, Simulink, C++ and/or Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, creativity and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following:
- Aerothermodynamics / flight dynamics;
- Guidance and control;
- Rocket propulsion systems;
- High speed flight platforms
What will make you stand out from the rest:
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering or other post-graduate qualification
- Experience with prediction of aerodynamic coefficients using CFD modelling
- Experience with auto-coding Simulink models
- Experience using software engineering tools (e.g. Subversion / Git, JIRA / Confluence)
- Experience in mentoring
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a great culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
To find out more about Consilium Technology, please visit our website at https://consilium.technology.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. In submitting your application you also give our Security Team authority to use the information you supply to undertake a current Security Clearance Status Check. Any applications that don’t specify citizenship or residency status will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply online and submit a cover letter and resume. Applications close 24 January 2020.
Applications for the role of Senior Aerospace Engineer are officially closed.