Senior Software Engineer
Pursue a passion for software engineering and problem-solving in an environment that challenges you to think and act differently. This permanent role in the Adelaide CBD provides an exciting opportunity to make your mark and take ownership on a new development opportunity. Come join us!
About Consilium Technology:
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible modelling, simulation, and machine intelligence solutions by working with private and public sector clients.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on an innovative new project utilising modern technologies for web application development. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take a step towards technical leadership and/or project management but who may not have had the opportunity yet.
This role will involve interacting with clients and collaborating with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs. You will provide best practice software development in various modern languages as well as participate in release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story grooming sessions, and any other Kanban/Scrum-related meetings.
This role is located in the Adelaide CBD with some reasonable business travel required. We will also consider a part-time options for the ‘right’ candidate.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- At least 3 years professional experience in a software engineering role (or similar)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of contemporary software engineering process, standards, principles and best practices
- Experience with object oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, C++, Java or C#)
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve
What will make you stand out from the rest:
- Knowledge of diverse software development principles, covering concurrency, design patterns and performance profiling and tuning
- Knowledge of multiple software languages and environments
- Experience with cloud development (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in developing cloud-based web applications
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a flexible family-friendly culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
How to apply
Applicants must have full work rights to apply. Eligible applicants should apply online via the Seek button below and submit a cover letter and resume. Applications close Friday, 27 May 2022, however, if this position interests you, we strongly encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may conduct interviews prior to this date.
For more information about us please continue to explore our website.
Recruiters, we got this!
(or) complete the form below to apply for the role of Senior Software Engineer.