Senior Software Engineers
Senior Software Engineers: If you are looking to work on leading edge Defence projects, develop your project management skills and mentor our graduate engineers, we’d love to hear from you! We have multiple opportunities to join our growing Defence team. Open to full-time & part-time working.
About the opportunities
As part of our continued growth, we invite applications from Senior Software Engineers to join our Defence team.
Software engineering may be your focus, or you may like to develop your leadership and project management capabilities as well. We have opportunities to suit diverse ambitions and motivations.
We invest in our people and look to grow capability from within by providing opportunities to work with our Defence clients across multi-projects and disciplines.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Interact and work closely with our clients to understand their requirements
- Ensure successful software delivery by following agile engineering processes
- Collaborate with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs
- Drive best practice software development in various modern languages
- Provide ongoing enhancements, maintenance and support of existing systems and platforms
- Mentor junior software engineers
We encourage flexible working and are open to both full- time and part-time arrangements. These positions are located primarily at Edinburgh, SA. On occasion, a project may be based in our Adelaide, CBD office.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Significant experience in a similar role, preferably within the Defence industry
- A thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of contemporary software engineering process, standards, principles, and best practices
- Experience with web-based technologies (e.g. Angular or React) or object oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, Java or C#).
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git).
- The ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
While not essential, the following will be highly regarded:
- Knowledge of concurrency, design patterns and performance profiling and tuning
- Experience with multiple software languages and environments
We are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity and achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allows our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Our strong presence within defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances — with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in the mining, energy, manufacturing, and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched several revolutionary products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and be eligible to obtain and maintain clearance to Negative Vetting 1(NV1) level.
What we offer you
- Competitive remuneration
- An environment where culture is important and valued
- One week of dedicated professional development time each year for all team members
- Monthly presentations in areas of technical speciality fostering a community of practice
We look forward to hearing from eligible applicants and encourage you to express interest in joining our team by clicking the Apply button below to submit your application.
Please include a cover letter and confirm your Australian citizenship status, this is a mandatory requirement.
For more information about Consilium Technology, please visit our website.
Applications for the role of Senior Software Engineers are officially closed.