Senior Software Engineers/Project Managers
We’re growing and growing fast! We’re looking to expand our team with multiple Senior Software Engineers. These roles are ideally suited to Senior Software Engineers looking to take a step towards Project Management. You’ll work on leading edge Defence projects with some of the most talented professionals in industry.
About Consilium Technology:
As leaders in artificial intelligence, we are on a mission to unlock the world’s creativity. We’re achieving this by providing modelling, simulation, and machine learning solutions that allow our customers to make more informed, data-driven decisions. As a team, we are committed to embracing the unknown and pushing the boundaries.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We’re currently looking for multiple Senior Software Engineers to work with our Defence client across several projects and disciplines, undertaking tasks such as but not limited to:
- Best practices software development in various modern languages.
- Interacting with clients and collaborate with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs.
- Providing ongoing enhancements, maintenance and support in existing systems and platforms.
As part of the development team you will participate in release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story grooming sessions, and any other Kanban/Scrum-related meetings.
These roles offer flexibility to work either full-time or part-time. Positions are located in Edinburgh, SA with some reasonable business travel to be expected.
If you’re an experienced Senior Software Engineer and would like to take a step towards Project Management then, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Australian citizen and must be eligible to hold a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance.
- At least five years professional experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of contemporary software engineering process, standards, principles and best practices.
- Experience with web based technologies (e.g. Angular or React) or with object oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, Java or C#).
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git).
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve.
What will make you stand out from the rest:
- Knowledge of diverse software development principles, covering concurrency, design patterns and performance profiling and tuning.
- Knowledge of multiple software languages and environments.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a flexible family-friendly culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position.
Eligible applicants should apply online via the Seek button below and submit a cover letter (confirming your citizenship status) as well as a resume. Any applications that do not specify you are an Australian Citizen will not be processed.
If this position interests you, we strongly encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications as they are received.
For more information about us, please continue to explore our website.
Recruiters we got this!
Applications for the role of Senior Software Engineers/Project Managers are officially closed.