Want to work with the best in the industry? Well, we’re looking to expand our epic team with a talented Software Engineer.
- Work on leading edge Defence projects
- Grow with our Business
- Excellent company culture that values collaboration and continuous improvement
About Consilium Technology:
Consilium Technology helps organisations make more informed, data-driven decisions by partnering with technology. We are experts in artificial intelligence, machine learning, modelling & simulation, big data analytics and software engineering. The team offers professional consulting services and intelligent software solutions. As leaders in AI, Consilium Technology is currently solving some of the most complex problems within the defence, agriculture, mining and manufacturing industries.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We’re currently looking for Software Engineers to work with our Defence client across several projects and disciplines, undertaking tasks such as but not limited to:
- Best practices software development in various modern languages
- Interacting with clients and collaborate with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs
- Analysing, designing and developing tests and test-automation suites
- Providing ongoing enhancements, maintenance and support in existing systems and platforms.
As part of the development team you will participate in release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story grooming sessions, and any other Kanban-related meetings.
This role is located in Edinburgh, SA with some reasonable business travel required.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed: (Essentials)
- At least two years full time equivalent professional experience, the more professional years experience the better
- Australian citizen and must be eligible to hold a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience with an object oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, Java or C#)
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Subversion, Git)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve
What will make you stand out from the rest: (Desirable)
- Experience with C++
- Knowledge of multiple software languages and environments
- Knowledge of 3D math including linear algebra, vector math and matrices
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation development.
- Experience in a related scientific or engineering field such as Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, etc.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a great culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
To find out more about Consilium Technology, please visit our website at https://consilium.technology.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. Any applications that do not specify you are an Australian Citizen will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply online and submit a cover letter and resume. Applications close Monday 31 August 2020.
Please note, applications may close earlier if the right applicant is found.
Applications for the role of Software Engineer are officially closed.