Want to work with the best in the industry? Well we’re looking to expand our team with a talented Software Engineer to work on leading edge Defence projects in Edinburgh, SA. We have an excellent company culture and we value collaboration and continuous improvement. Come join our friendly team!
About Consilium Technology:
Consilium Technology helps organisations make more informed, data-driven decisions by partnering with technology. We are experts in artificial intelligence, machine learning, modelling & simulation, big data analytics and software engineering. The team offers professional consulting services and intelligent software solutions. As leaders in AI, Consilium Technology is currently solving some of the most complex problems within the defence, agriculture, mining and manufacturing industries.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer to work with our Defence client across several projects and disciplines, undertaking tasks such as but not limited to:
- Best practices software development in various modern languages.
- Interacting with clients and collaborate with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs.
- Providing ongoing enhancements, maintenance and support in existing systems and platforms.
As part of the development team you will participate in release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story grooming sessions, and any other Kanban/Scrum-related meetings.
This role is located in Edinburgh, SA with some reasonable business travel required.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- At least two years full time equivalent professional experience, the more professional years experience the better.
- Australian citizen and must be eligible to hold a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- Experience with an object oriented programming language (e.g. C++, Java or C#).
- Experience with a version control tool (e.g. Subversion or Git).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve.
What will make you stand out from the rest:
- Knowledge of multiple software languages and environments.
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation development.
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker).
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a great culture that’s family friend and fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. Any applications that do not specify you are an Australian Citizen will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply via the Seek button below and submit a cover letter and resume.
Applications close 26 February 2021. However, if this position interests you, we strongly encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may conduct interviews prior to this date.
Previous applicants need not apply and recruiters we got this!
Applications for the role of Software Engineer are officially closed.