Want to work with the best in the industry? Well we’re looking to expand our team with a talented Software Engineer. This is a part-time role (minimum 0.6 FTE) with flexibility on working hours and days. We offer a family-friendly culture that values collaboration and continuous improvement.
About Consilium Technology:
Consilium Technology helps organisations make more informed, data-driven decisions by partnering with technology. We are experts in artificial intelligence, machine learning, modelling & simulation, big data analytics and software engineering. The team offers professional consulting services and intelligent software solutions. As leaders in AI, Consilium Technology is currently solving some of the most complex problems within the defence, agriculture, mining and manufacturing industries.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer to work with our Defence client across several projects and disciplines, undertaking tasks such as but not limited to:
- Best practices software development in various modern languages.
- Interacting with clients and collaborate with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs.
- Providing ongoing enhancements, maintenance and support in existing systems and platforms.
As part of the development team you will participate in release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story grooming sessions, and any other Kanban/Scrum-related meetings.
Located in Edinburgh (with some reasonable business travel), this is a part-time role working a minimum of 0.6 FTE (22.8 hours) with flexibility on working hours and days.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Australian citizen and must be eligible to hold a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance
- At least four years professional experience in a similar role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of contemporary software engineering process, standards, principles and best practices
- Experience with object oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, Java or C#)
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve
What will make you stand out from the rest:
- Knowledge of diverse software development principles, covering concurrency, design patterns and performance profiling and tuning
- Knowledge of multiple software languages and environments
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, we offer an attractive salary, a flexible family friendly culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to further expand your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. Any applications that do not specify you are an Australian Citizen will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply via the Seek button below and submit a cover letter and resume.
Applications close 2 June 2021. However, if this position interests you, we strongly encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may conduct interviews prior to this date.
For more information about Consilium Technology, please continue to explore our website.
Previous applicants need not apply and recruiters we got this!
(or) complete the form below to apply for the role of Software Engineer.