Software Engineer Team Lead
This is an opportunity to step into leadership and be a multiplier, lifting the value of others. A leadership coaching program will be provided to help you in your first 6 months. Salary package of $126,500 – $143,000 on offer depending on your security clearance, experience and final role classification.
About Consilium Technology:
Consilium Technology helps organisations make more informed, data-driven decisions by partnering with technology. We are experts in artificial intelligence, machine learning, modelling & simulation, big data analytics and software engineering. The team offers professional consulting services and intelligent software solutions. As leaders in AI, Consilium Technology is currently solving some of the most complex problems within the defence, agriculture, mining and manufacturing industries.
Our strong presence within Defence enables us to remain abreast of technological advances – with our innovative solutions having a transformational impact in medium and large enterprises in mining, energy, and agriculture industries. We’ve also launched a number of innovative products and are currently solving some of industry’s most complex problems.
Join us as we challenge the status quo and solve the puzzle together. Let’s deliver awesome and define what is possible!
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will lead a team, working with our Defence client across several projects and disciplines, undertaking tasks such as but not limited to:
- Coaching and mentoring software engineers to become their best.
- Best practices software development in various modern languages.
- Interacting with clients and collaborating with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs.
- Providing ongoing enhancements, maintenance and support in existing systems and platforms.
- Project managing a software project to ensure timely delivery within budget.
As Team Leader you will participate in release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story grooming sessions, and any other Kanban/Scrum-related meetings.
This position is located in Edinburgh, SA with some projects able to be partially supported from our city office.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Australian citizen and must be eligible to hold a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance.
- An aptitude for leadership and management with at least 5 years of professional work experience.
- A strong desire to lift the value of your team and support them in their career journey.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Thorough understanding of systems thinking and technical design.
- Thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of contemporary software engineering process, standards, principles and best practices.
- Experience with object oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, Java or C#).
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git).
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve.
What will make you stand out from the rest:
- You will have demonstrated technical expertise combined with a personality profile suited to leadership.
- A value system aligned with Consilium’s:
- Embrace the Unknown – a willingness to take risk.
- Authenticity – a willingness to be humble but confident and to continually improve oneself.
- Deliver Awesome – a willingness to continuously add value to your customer and team.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your talent and skills, we offer an attractive salary, a flexible family-friendly culture that fosters collaborative work practices, leaders who care and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
This is an opportunity to step into leadership and be a multiplier, lifting the value of others. A leadership coaching program will be provided to help you in your first 6 months.
How to apply
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. Any applications that do not specify you are an Australian Citizen will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply online via the Seek button and submit a cover letter and resume.
If this position interests you, we strongly encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications as they are received.
For more information about Consilium Technology, please continue to explore our website.
Previous applicants need not apply and recruiters we got this!
Applications for the role of Software Engineer Team Lead are officially closed.