Want to work with the best in the industry? Well we’re looking to expand our team with an amazing Software Engineer.
- Grow with our Business
- Exposure to Full Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent company culture that values collaboration and continuous improvement
About Consilium Technology:
Consilium Technology emerged in 2010 as a leading Simulation, Modelling and Machine Intelligence provider to Defence. Since then we have diversified into the mining, energy, manufacturing and agriculture industries delivering niche and emerging capabilities and concepts that have a significant impact.
The pace of technological change increases every day. We exist because we help organisations adopt technology and move faster in an constantly changing environment. We believe no organisation should explore the future alone.
We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible modelling, simulation, and machine intelligence solutions by working with private and public sector clients.
We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer to work with our Defence client across several projects and disciplines, undertaking tasks such as but not limited to:
- Best practices software development in various modern languages
- Interacting with clients and collaborate with a passionate team of data scientists and software engineers, shaping software to meet client needs
- Analysing, designing and developing tests and test-automation suites
- Providing ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
This role is located in Edinburgh with some reasonable business travel required.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
- Australian citizen and must be eligible to hold a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance
- At least three years professional experience in a similar role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of contemporary software engineering process, standards, principles and best practices
- Experience with object oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, C#)
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously improve
- General familiarity with Defence or similar industries
- Sound understanding and experience of engineering in large scale complex systems
- Knowledge of engineering management systems and quality assurance
- Knowledge of diverse software development principles, covering concurrency, design patterns and performance profiling and tuning
- Knowledge of multiple software languages and environments
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, you’ll receive an attractive salary. This is a great opportunity to further develop your professional skills and collaborate with the best in your industry.
Additionally, we offer a great culture, an amazing team, free company breakfasts, and an ongoing commitment to employee development through training and professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to meet security requirements for the position. In submitting your application you also give our Security Team authority to use the information you supply to undertake a current Security Clearance Status Check. Any applications that don’t specify citizenship or residency status will not be processed.
Eligible applicants should apply via the Seek button below and submit a cover letter and resume. Applications close .
No recruiters please.
Applications for the role of Software Engineer are officially closed.