Consilium Technology Announces AI Prize with Flinders University
Consilium Technology, an Australian AI company, is pleased to announce its partnership with Flinders University to offer a paid 10-week internship.
Consilium Technology is committed to unlocking hidden value within data through the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI). AI can be applied to solve challenges ranging from the most modern technical problems to classic historical conundrums.
To encourage university students to make similar discoveries for themselves, Consilium Technology has partnered with Flinders University to sponsor a prize focused on AI and machine learning.
The winner of the AI Prize will have the opportunity to undertake a paid 10-week internship at Consilium Technology. The successful student will be mentored by an in-house machine learning specialist to assist them while working on an applied AI project within agriculture, defence, energy, manufacturing or mining.
This opportunity is open to Flinders University students completing an Undergraduate Honours and/or Masters Thesis in:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
The Honours and/or Masters Project must involve AI and/or machine learning to be considered for the AI Prize. Eligible projects include predictive modelling and applications of machine learning research. Some examples include:
- Accelerating minerals exploration through AI
- Applying AI to combine technology and art
- Detecting and recognising objects with collaborative robots
- Developing novel data augmentation approaches, or an in-depth evaluation of current methods
- Discovering new information about the brain with AI
- Generating AI algorithms to assess sleep health
- Exploring simulated data in the training of machine learning models
- Innovating with satellite imagery and AI
- Optimising battery management and power distribution in a solar vehicle with AI
- Using AI to predict retinal disease progression
The prize will be awarded to the student who can demonstrate the most innovative use of AI or machine learning. The student will be assessed based on the progress seminar presentation in September and the poster presentation in November.
The winner will be announced during the Student Innovation Expo in November 2021.
To register your interest in the AI Prize, please share the relevant information about your project here, by close of business Friday 30 April 2021.
If you’d like to learn more about the Consilium Technology AI Prize, or confirm project suitability, please contact:
About Consilium Technology
Consilium Technology helps organisations make more informed, data-driven decisions by leveraging AI and partnering with technology. As leaders in AI, Consilium Technology is currently solving some of the most complex problems within the defence, agriculture, mining and manufacturing industries.